Please complete the form below and a representative from our Sales Team will be in contact shortly.
The most reliable asphalt content ignition furnace with a proven track record.
Thermo Scientific* NCAT asphalt content furnace accommodates larger sample testing, reducing labor and costs.
The Thermo Scientific NCAT Asphalt Content Furnace saves time and money by using an environmentally friendly, cost-effective ignition method to determine asphalt content. Ignition method replaces the costly and time consuming solvent extraction method by eliminating the cost of solvent and can pay for the cost of the furnace in as little as 26-32 weeks based on solvent cost savings alone
The Thermo Scientific NCAT Asphalt Content Furnace, developed in conjunction with the National Center for Asphalt Technology (NCAT), set the industry standard for determining asphalt content by the ignition method. This system was integral to the drafting and passage of ASTM* D6307 and AASHTO T308. A 12-lab roundrobin field test was conducted by NCAT exclusively with this furnace. Results and proven performance are documented by NCAT.
- Asphalt content of bituminous paving mixtures is accurate to 0.11%
- Accommodates samples up to 5000g
- Automatic mode: endpoint is detected and software ends the test, prints the results and beeps until STOP is pressed to unlock door (in accordance with AMRL specifications)
- Manual mode: endpoint is detected and furnace begins to beep but continues to test until STOP is pressed to unlock door, then and results print
- Furnace software automatically compensates for weight change due to sample and basket assembly temperature change
- 24-hour/7-day timer can be programmed to preheat furnace
- RS-232 port provides data interface with a PC for graphical data analysis